Corneal haze

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor performed PRK surgery in both my eyes in August 2015. All was good but I sometimes missed my eyedrops dosage. Until in October 2015 when I had a very severe conjunctivitis. Since then it really hasn't been the same. I was recently told that I have a corneal scarring now. I have been prescribed moxifloxacin Olopatadine polyacrylic gel over the year and on the last checkup polyacrylic gel mixed with cyclosporine. I have read on this corneal scarring and all I see are surgical treatments. What is my doctor trying to achieve by prescribing cyclosporine? My reading on autoref was +2.5 I think.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

cyclosporine eye drops is used to increase tear production,and reduce inflammation and scarring. corneal lasers may be followed by dry eyes which increase sense of eyes irritation and inflammation.
    • Posted

But will the year old haze be dissolved by using cyclosporine?
    • Posted

i'm afraid it wdn't dissolve corneal opacity , but at least it wdn't be denser.

• Posted

What do you think will be the ultimate treatment?
    • Posted

if small and irritation is not too much, just try to tolerate. if larger , think about PTK . if dense and large and severly irritating your vision, go to corneal transplant which is a big surgery and has its own risks.
    • Posted

I went to the doctor again. First he scolded me and said what have you done to your cornea 😂 then he told me that the scar is only on the surface and hasn't invaded deep. Though it will require surgery. He gave me Prednisolone acetate and asked me to come after a week.

• Posted

what a joke doctors have no fix for nothing, well I am on those drops no help
  • Posted

doctors love to give eye drops, but I do not think that is a fix. i was putting between the two eye 13 drops a day... Four different drops and it seem to make it worst.

my eyesight is glassy feels like they have a glaze over them. I will love uo corneal scarring so sorry about you condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.