Coronavirus

Posted , 7 users are following.

I,m not sure if i,m being silly or not but when were all watching the new,s regarding the very fast spread of this virus, it is a real worry for everyone but for us with RA and similiar conditions it,s a bit of an extra worry as our immune systems are very low.

Not that we can do much but just voicing my thoughts.

Gaz

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Gaz

you're right it is a worry and the reason we have yearly flu jabs is because it can be dangerous for us but to have heightened awareness of your vulnerability is part of your solution.

like any illness you probably already have a great prevention system in place

and you probably already do most of the preventative measures as standard practice in your routine

if you haven't already done it speak to your GP about the pneumonia vaccine they last a few years

Hope this helps and no you're not being

• Posted

I agree with JJ be prepared and do everything to keep you and your family safe, hand washing and wearing gloves (leather if possible ) while out and making sure you keep a safe distance from other people if possible

I do think you're wise to worry though, I know I'm concerned and will continue to be so till it is under control, also as like you said with us having RA our immune systems are already compromised so we have to be more careful

Follow the directions of your local health authority and don't become too focused on it, definitely get your flu jab no matter what your age as you have to remember we have the seasonal flu going round and although not so bad as corona virus it can still be a killer

One thing I will say is that the UK has an amazing health service who are very good at dealing with major crisis

• Edited

I don't worry to much about it as the regular flu kills 30,000 a year in the US, car accidents 50,000. So I guess I look at it like that.

Try not to worry about it.

• Posted

I am concerned especially since I am on a biologic.I wash my hands so frequently and carry hand sanitizerTry to keep hands away from face. and I try to avoid crowds.Even though it's spreading it is still relatively rare compared to flu. I wish everyone well.I don't think they know much about the length of incubation period as yet or how long the virus stays on services--

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.