CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC

Posted , 7 users are following.

I hope everyone is doing ok during the Coronavirus Pandemic! I've been in Quarantine for 2 weeks now and my Doctor said I can't come out of Quarantine until it's completely gone from my community or there is an effective vaccine I can tolerate. I have a feeling I'm going to be in Quarantine for awhile.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That's tough. All of us with bronchiectasis are vulnerable at the moment, and will sympathise with your situation. Hope you're able to enjoy the time as much as possible despite the circumstances.

Look after yourself, and let's hope a vaccine can be 'fast-forwarded' in the coming months...

Sending you good wishes

Sally

• Posted

Me too but abroad Bronchectasis + CPFE ++ over 70

I HAVE to go shopping as no such thing as home deliveries, nice as the staff are in the supermarket and they bend over backwards to keep me as safe as possible, I'm on oxygen so pretty obvious, it scares me a bit to mix with others now, in other ways lucky to be able to get outside as I live in a very isolated area to can walk my dogs in a forest not too far from here, feel I need the exercise even if only 2kms atm for my lungs.

My friend has gone stir crazy already, she sees the virus every where and is obsessing to the point of making herself really ill and unable to look after elderly her husband 86 which is what she was worried about in the first place, she is a lot younger. I think there are going to be a LOT of people on tranquilisers before this is over.

Take care peeps

• Posted

Yes Debra in the same position my GP said something very similar. Stay indoors Do not go out and let no-one in was my advice. Strangely I have not received a Gov letter neither had my neighbour with CF or my brother in law with a life limiting condition!!! I fear some people with bronchiectasis may see that as the green light to leave the house and put themselves at an unneccessary risk. Stay home. Stay safe. I am a widow and live alone so is easier but 6 months seems a long way away!!

• Edited

Hi Debra

I have been self isolating for 4 weeks now as I was told early on what was about happen in the UK and was told by my consultant to stay indoors for at least 3 months to avoid getting covid 19. I have been keeping myself busy by sorting cupboards & draws, doing some gardening and lots of baking! I'm going to attempt to re upholster an old nursing chair next! Anyway stay safe and do as your doctor tells you.

Best wishes

Rachel

• Posted

Hi Debra I to have bronchiectasis also not received letter of government but rang my GP she rang back said I'm at risk catching coronavirus been busy last week doing bits in garden with mask gloves on even my wife is not allowed out avin to depend on son or daughter to fetch us things only food supply going down quick I know it's boring but all we can do is stay in keep safe I also ave been helping my wife sort cupboards out I'm also on antibiotics 3 times week for life ope you can find something to keep you going stay safe cause looks like we cud be like this till June

• Posted

Thank You, I think your right but I am scared because I know if I get the Coronavirus it will probably kill me because I have Bronchiectasis and also Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Pneumonia, my husband and son have essential jobs so they come and go so I hope they don't bring the Coronavirus inside the house to me, so I don't mind being in Quarantine I just hope I live through this, good luck to you and everyone that's like us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.