Coronavirus Vs. Post Viral Fatigue/Chronic Fatigue/ME

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have Post Viral Fatigue/Chronic Fatigue/ME and Fibromyalgia. This was brought on after suffering severely from a virus and has drastically disrupted my life every day for approx. 22 years.

My question is whether or not i am considered in the at risk category for possible covid-19 infection?

So far i have found conflicting advice online i.e. yes at risk from one source and no not at risk from another source.

Can someone (hopefully a medical professional) please clarify whether i would be in an at risk category?

Should i be following general covid-19 guidelines or should i be following stricter 'at risk' guidelines?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there

hope you doing ok?

where do you live?

your immune system is very compromised and any illness will take a lot longer to recover.

I'm in New Zealand and we are in lockdown. I'm not going put at all. am not at work in a bank as I would be a candidate for getting the virus but most importantly getting over it.

my partner is designated to get groceries but has only been out once.

please stay safe out there.

stay safe and stay home.

keep in touch.

jane

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you so much for your message. I am in the UK and also under lockdown.

To be honest my life has restrictions due to the conditions anyway. So in many ways isolation is normal for me!

However, i recently started a new job providing a service for the police, and this is of course considered an essential public service even during lockdown.

I feel unsure as to where i stand regarding going to work. I know my job must continue for the good of the public. Whether i should be the one risking going to do it, I'm not sure.

I don't know whether it is a "qualifying medical condition" as in many circumstances over the years the answer to that has been no.

This particular situation however, is new, uncertain and complicated for everybody!

I hope you and your loved ones can stay home and stay safe and well too.

Take care 😃

• Posted

Is this something you can do from home?

A tricky question, but it sounds dangerous to me. I understand that you want to be useful -oh my yes! But aren't there more healthy people who can perform this function?

• Posted

hi again. from nz.

it is most definitely an illness that would be on the list. have a chat to your work . as it's the police they will have something in place. I work in a bank and because of my illness have been placed on sick leave.

i hope you keeping same. take care .

talk soon

kane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.