Corpus luteum cysts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all please can anyone help, I have been having pain on my left lower abdomen and just had an ultrasound which confirmed I have corpus luteum cysts of 9.5cm on my left ovary and 7cm on my right side, I'm very worry as I'm 38 with no kid, my Doc told me to wait for 8 weeks to see if it will go but the pain is uncomfortable please I will appreciate and advice thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Best advice I can give you is not to worry. They will go away on their own t just takes time. Usually 2-3 period cycles. In the mean time take some over the counter pain meds. I am from the states so I don't know what you all have in the UK but if you have something like Tylenol or Aleve I suggest taking one of each. That's what my doc told me to do for Pain. Just find whatever over the counter pain med you have that is an equivalent to those and a heating pad at night or whenever you need it for abdominal pain.

I wish you well.

• Posted

Thanks Jess I was prescribed some pain relief but still having pain, I will definitely try the heat pad I never thought of that thanks a lot.
    • Posted

Thanks Jess, I was prescribed some pain relief but still having pain, but will try the heat pad I never thought of it I really appreciate.
  • Posted

I wouldn't leave it as they don't always go on their own and apparently can burst, I have suffered for a year and now waiting date for my op to have ovaries removed, I am 66 so no longer need then. Good luck and hope you get sorted.
    • Posted

Sorry about that Brenda hope you are feeling better now take it easy, and thank you.
  • Posted

Hi there

Your doc may wait to see if your cysts will go on their own, but if still there after 3 months they should be surgically removed if they are over 5cm and also removed if smaller and giving you symptons. The fact that you have them on both sides and that they are over 5cm suggests to me (though I am not a doctor so this is just my opinion) that they are not going to re-absorb and will need removing.

Louise

• Posted

Thanks Louise, I couldn't sleep and so worry plus the pain so I book to see the Doc and hope for a better option.
  • Posted

I found hot water in bath or shower, a hot water bottle and pain killers helped.  I've had two corpus lutem cysts removed from my left ovary. The second time they removed my tube too. The cysts were 5cm and 8 cm.

currently waiting for a 2nd scan on left ovary again, as I've now got a haemorragic cyst causing pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.