Correct dosage? 7.5mg didn't draw me down into a sleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

so I've been on Zopiclone for 3 weeks, taking it once first week @ 3.75mg and it used to knock me out all night but the effects seem to wear off, I even took a 7.5 the other night and i had a patchy sleep (slept for 2 hours, then awake for a few hours and eventually dozed for another 2 hours)

So dr has put me on Mirtazapine 15mg, but decided to test it last night at 7.5mg and i felt really sleepy and tired after an hour, but it didnt draw me down into full sleep and eventually i was awake most of the night and struggled to doze off.

Dr has advised today taking the full 15mg of mirt tonight, will this work for me? feel like the zopiclone gives me sleepless nights when I stop...but i dont think id have rebound effects after taking it twice in a week?!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

GP prescribed 15mg of Mirt for insomnia and anxiety.

I felt similar, when I started on 3.75mg and everything was fine for a while. I slowly increased to 7.5 because my sleep was getting worse. I do not understand why things were getting worse. This is only my third month of taking this medicine.

I am now thinking: stop now or increase. Difficult to ask anyone, maybe a chemist? I might contact GP and write a message online to my surgery. Maybe one of the doctors replies...

• Posted

Do this medications even work? i mean... mirt had temporary effect on me to sleep better but during the day I'm nervous and on edge, easily irritated How is it supposed to work? It does something for sure but I'm not sure if it's positive effect actually and now I hesitate to increase the dose. Damn...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.