Corroded disc

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys just wanted to say that I've been suffering from pain for 15 years, I am now 30, I have been to physios, chiropractors, tried hot and cold treatments and had no relief, it is now February 2017, I went to the doctors in September 2016 and explained everything and said it was getting worse and now I want to see a spinal surgeon. Anyway since then I have been to see the surgeon had tests on my nerves as the whole left side of my left leg has gone into constant "dead leg feeling" and no matter how much I try I have no reaction if I push my toes forward, I have been going to work through it all in constant agony not being able to sleep, can't sit etc, I'm on 1800 mg gabapentin a day, 1250 mg of naproxen, 400 mg of tramadol, 4000 mg of paracetamol and morphine at night. Anyway in January 2017 I went back to the surgeon and he explained the reason nothing had worked is because my L5 disc as corroded over the last 15 years and is now squashing the nerve, as it is corroded the only corse of action is shall be going into hospital on 1/3/17 for an epidural and then a succession of epidural she unto I have a spinal fusion operation later this year. I really do feel for you all but keep nagging at doctors and tell them it's causing your life to go down hill if necessary, all the best Andy.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andy! I agree! Especially for people our age (I'm 31) who are already having back issues. My nerve was also being squashed and I was eventually unable to walk, stand, sit, sleep. It took me 4 whole months of continuous begging, pleading and explaining what was going on so that SOMEBODY would help me.

I've since been helped and my quality of life is 1000000 times better. For those 4 months I thought for sure I was never going to walk again, that I would be in a wheelchair forever, and that has since changed.

NAGGING IS THE KEY, and so is remaining positive as horribly hard as it is.

• Posted

Hi

Glad you pushed, seems to be the only way these days. Wish you a speedy recovery. 

Keep us posted wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.