Cortisol Levels

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone have normal cortisol levels but still have other Cushing symptoms? I have irregular periods, the fatty bump behind my neck, stinging thigh pain that comes and goes, low blood pressure, weight gain in the middle, and now I feel like my face is puffy but not sure if it's just because I've gained 30 lbs and I've always been skinny. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I do!! I have been told pcos is the cause of all my cushing like symptoms because cushings is too rare... even tho none of my bloods match pcos either!!
  • Posted

How many cortisol Cushings tests have u had?
  • Posted

Hi lora08029 If you're worried you have cushings I think it is worth you having a serious discussion about it with your GP. There are many different conditions that can produce the same symptoms as cushings and it is hard to find a doctor who will check as cushings is believed to be so rare. I am currently trying to get an endo doctor to take me seriously as I believe I have untreated cushings disease that started when I was a child. They did one Dex test which came back normal so they decided Cushings was unlikely. I have persuaded them to check again and they are now going to do a 24 hour urine collection test. There are several different tests they can do to check. Good luck and I hope you find your answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.