Cortisol test

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am concern about my test I have had recently...my blood pressure is a little low and when I am sleeping it is dropping to 81/51. My cortisol is 357 at a 9.00 in the morning.  I have been havin some very bizzar symptoms.. I started with suddern dizzyness and numbness in my arms 6 months ago they tested me for stroke tia but it was clear.. then the symptoms started to get worse fitique, pains in my legs, back pain,  feeling sick, dizzyness just feeling generally unwell... does any on no what is normal for the cortisol level  is at 9.00 in the morning.. I think they are testing me for addison desease.. HELP

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I wonder, beverley, did you also have a low heart rate?  Mine was around 40, sometimes even lower.  Next to an overal unwellness.  Dizziness, imbalance.  Could handle driving or sitting in a car, especially when the road was very uneven and bumpy.  My eyesight was also affected afterwards and was unable to focus properly.  

Next to thyroid meds I now also take Cortef.  Added vitamine B's.  And now I'm doing fairly well.  (not addison) (adrenals that needed help) 

• Posted

Could NOT handle driving or sitting in a car... is what I meant to write.
  • Posted

Do you feel dizzy when standing from a sitting down position, If so it could be postural hypotension. This is when your blood pressure drops when getting up.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.