Cortisone and hip injections

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi new to this forum.  I just wanted to ask how many shots to your hip can be too many. I've had 4 this year and in a month will have my last shot for the year. I'm wondering has anyone else had more shots? And how do you feel. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't think drs can give more than one shot every three or four months.  I have only had two in one year.

• Posted

Thank for your help. My Dr told me everything is fine  spacing out the hip injections. I sometimes worry, because not all doctors seem to care, there just looking for the money. But I was just  curious .
  • Posted

Hi I was told no more than two in a year . Hope yours works I'm still in bad pain for bursitis but I'm not having those injections any more they made pain worse, good luck x

• Posted

Hi paty, sorry to hear about your hip pain. I get them every  months. They help a lot. I have a torn labrum and the ball of hip is not round. I had a 3T MRI which supposedly shows more damage then a regular MRI. I was told I will need a hip replacement and I'm only 57. I work for post office, so I walk, and climb stairs all day. It hurts jumping out of truck all day long. So those shots really work. But how much is too much? And how many years can I drag it out? Just not ready to go to surgery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.