Cortisone flare on frozen shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey,i wanted to know have any of you suffered with cortisone flare after injection in shoulder?. I got my 2nd injection today and my whole arm feels like it weighs 20 stone with absolute throbbing pain.i have taken pain killers I have been alternating with heat & cold packs all day but no relief as yet....any tips?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi Piper, I had an injection in November and for 48hrs afterwards it was agony. Worse than before I had the injection. It will ease eventually.

• Posted

Thanks for reply, yeah I'm in shock that it actually worse than FS pain,hopefully it will ease soon

• Edited

hi piper

was it placed posterior to anterior. my very first one felt like i had been punched.

was it depo-medrone. i have an emergency one at home from the doctor just in case if needed lol.

did it contain "lidocaine". i have evolved with these and you can request steroid with slow release anaesthetic . if not . note to one self request it.

as michelle .......,,(hi michelle) mentioned give it 48 hours. and you know it will ease the ache for a while. is this number two you have had now in quick succession. if so how long did the first one last.

looking at my operation notes he filled the joint with 80 ml. thats 80 times the standard injection. thats why i am pain free and love it.

try massaging around the area as well to distribute it around.

doing my exercises all ready. i dont know whats more painful. the operation or day time TV.

colin

• Posted

hi Colin,I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the answers to any of your questions consultant just said take your top off and sit down & he jabbed me!

I had zero relief from first steroid injection but he said the second one should work.

if not he said he will try hydrodilation I a months time.

I agree day time TV sucks!- hope you are doing as well as expected post surgery.

• Edited

hi piper

lol on ya answers. i am very nosey when it comes to procedures.

if i understand whats happening i can learn. or get told to shut up.

wow he is burning his way through the injections. just be aware you can only have so many in a rolling year. it detrimental to the tendons !!!!.

even my first one lasted 8 weeks

just be careful

colin

• Edited

I did say to him I thought you could only have 2 max 3 steroid injections in a year and he kinda shrugged it off and said 3/4 is fine.He seemed surprised that my pain hadn't lessened after 1st one,I'm really hoping this 2nd one will do something for me- so sick of the 24/7 pain (as you all well know shoulder pain suckssssssssss)

• Edited

ho yes it does so

my best ever toy i purchased for FS was an ice machine mine was an aircast IC cryo cuff.

end of the day load it up. turn on and sink back and relax. kills the ache instantly while it is on.

have a great weekend both of you

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.