Cortisone injection in foot

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have arthiritis in my feet and had a cortisone injection in my foot 3 days ago. So far so good. Has anyone one had experience of this and any hints on what to do from here on. For the moment I am walking as little as possible. Thanks

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also forgot to mention that arthritis is in my feet as well as the shoes are important with arches.

antiinflamatory meds and RX from my thumb have helped slow down the progression of arthritis. 

• Posted

Also having blindly taken statins for 6/7 years and now have all the problems associated with them i'm loathe to take tablets that cause more side effects

• Posted

take time to access all the side effects from statins. How do they effect arthritis in feet. Ask for a rheumatologist to help with exercises Physio as well as meds to help with the progression of arthritis. 

It it takes time but only you can find the right way to fit your feet with shoes,marches for support .,as we age our arches fall and having arthritis in our feet makes it all the more important to take care of our feet. 

When end your feet hurt the whole body hurts. Also I suggest thick heavy cushions available at big box stores for kitchen. I have three placed in the kitchen to cushion my feet while at the stove, chopping area etc. 

even extra trac heavy padding under carpeting helps. Wood floors and tile etc are very hard on feet. Changing the enviornment can help. Over time your feet will get better. Depends on how well they respond. Mind responded to all the changes in just a few weeks I was astounded. 

Gell pads in shoes arches and meds exercises to keep muscles in feet strong to support the arthritic bones. A good Physio will be a tremendous help.

• Posted

THe ligaments in my foot are torn so that's that. I do do the physio excercises which help a little. I have always had problems with my feet, since my late teens, I've always worn quality shoes and not a lot of high heels, certainly not like they wear today. the structure is wrong and the arthritis is just a happy little addition sad

I have custom made orthotics but can only do so much. Unfortunately I can't afford to move house or relay floors haha, If I'm this bad at 50 what does the future hold. Not much

• Posted

I think of that too Jane (futurewise)  But hopefully in the future with all the vast technology something WILL be discovered.  I loathe feet and have always taken care of them and when I told my sister she exclaimed "arthritis in the feet!"  She just couldn't believe I got it there.  And my surgeon wasn't too sympathetic - just prodded them and declared arthritis.

Wish I could transfer it to him  (evil thought)

• Posted

I went shop shopping today louise and even more good news, my feet have shrunk a size therefore making it even harder to get anything wide enough.I'm an EE fitting  I tried on at least 20 pair, the poor shop assistant. Came home with 2 and have decided 1 pair will go back the ones I'm keeping aren't really suitable structure wise but comfortable. I have always worn good quality shoes of course i had my high heel disco years but....so do others. This is ruling and ruining my life, I've had a bit of a gut full of Dr's too. good luck with yours I hope you find something that helps, I heard they have very good result with cortisone injections in the heel for plantar fasciitis so it might help arthritis too, I took myself off to a rheumatologist. My Gp podiatrist or physio never suggested it, and she was the only real help i've had. She sent me for an MRI first to see exactly what was happening and suggested the injection. I had  the injection with an ultrasound and no one thought it would help and it's not 100% but way better than it was

• Posted

I'm glad the injection worked Jane, and that's good advice about seeing a rheumatologist.  I'm definitely going to get a referral from my GP about making an appointment.

Your shoe shopping horror!  But happy the ones you're keeping are at least comfortable.  All we want is to be somewhat pain-freesad

• Posted

PS I had heard such horror stories about the injections in the feet i think for once I was lucky and or the dr that did it was really good. The nurse said she has seen people screaming swearing etc and she said my face barely flinched. (I don't have a good pain tolerance anymore either) It was worth the risk that's for sure. The very best of luck to you smile

• Posted

Louise depressing fact every step you take exerts up to 3 times your body weight on your foot. 25% of the body's bones are in the foot sad

• Posted

Ouch!  That's why I'm going to lose 14 lbs and see if it helps.  Good luck to you too, Jane.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.