Cortisone injection in hip and back

Posted , 6 users are following.

My ortho doc has suggested I need a cortisone injection in my hip. Depending on the success of that I may need one in my back as well. Has anyone had a cortisone injection?  Was it painful and did it give relief?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My daughter had the shot in her hip. She said it hurt pretty bad, gave her relief for only about 3 days, it was a great 3 days, everybody it's different I've heard it work for others.

• Posted

Hi Djs54. I have had a cortisone jab in my shoulder. I know it's not the same area. I did get relief. The jab did hurt. I was given a local. I hope you get relief. I know what it is like to be in pain. My right hip is being investigated now. I recon I have OA. Good luck. 

• Posted

.I had shots in my knees before knee surgery which helped greatly.  Also had a couple of hip shots, also good.
  • Posted

It's certainly not the most pleasant feeling in the world, but I came to love it! The shots bought me almost three weeks of relief and that was certainly worth the momentary discomfort. Go home and throw some ice on it and soak in a warm bath and you will be great. 

• Posted

I did have the shot in my hip. It wasn't awful but did not help. Later I had one in my back, guided by an xray type machine. That one was horrible and did not help at all. My sister in law says they put her in twilight sleep when she gets the back injection. I don't think they even waited for the initial shot to numb the area to work. I'll never get one at that place again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.