Cortisone shot pinky toe

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

5 days ago I received 3 cortisone shots in my pinky toe from a Podiatrist. One in each of the joints.

The next day I had to do a descent amount of walking which aggravated my toe a lot. I was in a lot of pain.

The next few days I stayed off of my feet and put ice.

During the day the pain isn’t that bad if I stay off of my feet, but in the evening and during the night when reclining or lying down, my toe throbs in pain. It is very painful at rest.

I called the Podiatrist this morning, since it has been 5 days and he pretty much said there is nothing they can do and just give it time to get better.

I searched online and can’t find anything in regards to having a cortisone shot in pinky toe joints. The closest ive seen is the big toe joint attached to the foot.

I’m a little worried that maybe a cortisone shot should not have been done on small joints of the pinky toe, especially those 2 small front joints and maybe damage was done.

Any information or advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure if you can or not on the little toe, but I had this on my great toe. I had horrible pain in the big toe and finally agreed to a Cheilectomy , which is basically shaving of the cartlidge to help relieve pain. It didn't work. A big waste of time. And I ended up with a fusion which was taking the first two joints out and put a metal plate in. Which is great with the pain but is leaving my whole foot in horrible pain tryint to compensate for the metal in the joints of the great toe.

So, like I said, there is some help but not sure if to that extent.... Orthopedic surgeon is what you will need. ******

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.