Cosentyx

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone , as many previous posts I’ve made before have highlighted, I was taking methotrexate for about a year for my psoriatic arthritis but couldn’t stomach it anymore due to some quite nasty side effects . 

I’ve now been told I’m gonna be permitted to move onto my first biological treatment called Cosentyx ,which I’m quite happy about as it’s a much more targeted treatment with a high chance of working well .  My question is has anyone else been on this or are currently and if so what’s it been like ? 

Many thanks 

Rich 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So side effects come with all these meds...my Rheum had me double my folate and add Vit.A now having been on anti tnf Humira and getting more gum problems..Ian now on anti Il23 Taltz as the Humira stopped working after 6 months I have Ankylosing Spondylitis with PsA so it’s a bit more complicated...I hope the Cosyntix works out for you!
  • Posted

Hi Rich. I have been on Consentyx for five months first 3 monthd 150mg no effect then upped to 300mg and in the last month i have at last started to feel great my joints do not hurt so bad and i had psa everywhere I'm starting to feel normal again! Well as normal as can be! I was on enbrell biological for 10 years but my body became immune to it!! I was also in the past on that nasty methotrexate horrible drug. Anyway hope this drug works for you. Regards Gee

• Posted

That’s great to hear Geraldine many thanks for replying . Oh my that methotrexate is awful stuff ! 
  • Posted

Hi Rich

Methotrexate though week proven as a wonderful drug for many led to methotrexate induced hepatitis for me. Powerful meds, we take. I hope return to Cosentyx works again for you. I was so excited about starting it last June for the reasons you mention, about it targeting different things. Sadly, 8th treatment to fail. Back on corticosteroid injections, infusions plus daily oral pred. Bloodwork all over the place, folates, lymphocytes etc low sore MORE medication. Trying hard to help myself dietary, exercise, rest etc. But the overwhelming fatigue leads me to the choc box rather than the salad box. Good luck & I'd welcome any tips where to find the Miracle Tree! Sheila

• Posted

I had plaque psoriasis for 25 years. Just before I found a cure I talked to my doctor about Cosentyx. He stated that because it's a biologic it's very hard on the body and did not recommend it since I only had p on my head arms and legs. Again as I said in my earlier posting "Psoriasis Cure" I used Psoriasin in the 4 oz jar to cure my p. My doctor is still at a loss to explain it as my skin is 100% psoriasis free for over a year now. Good luck and stay away from any biologic!!!!

• Posted

psoriasin has coal tar in it ... for years coal tar has always been a good stand by for managing p. i use it on hands palms arms legs . its a good way to manage p. in my case. everyone is different what helps one individual may not be the fix for another.

of course p is a autoimmune disease thus bio drugs are designed to shut down the il16-27 pathway. which in turn can make the patient vulnerable to other illness due to a weakened immune system there is not any cure for p but many ways to manage it.

see the helpful management programs listed on patient for psoriasis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.