Cost for iTind procedure for BPH.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I requested for iTind cost from London Clinic and below is there quote:

The fees are as follows:

Initial consultation with Prof Dasgupta : £300

Insertion of the iTind: £550

Removal of the iTind: £350

Anaesthetist: insertion £350, removal £250.

Hospital package fee: £5,940 (£2,000 included for iTind).

Follow up appointment with Prof Dasgupta: £170

Total price: £7,910.00

Two follow up appointments will be needed, 1st one month after removal, the 2nd six months later.

There may be scans required before a decision can be made to proceed with the iTind which will add additional costs.

Hank

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Listen, Hank.  That seems inordinately expensive and, to be honest with you, I don't know anything about the procedure.  I do know that there are other treatment modalities out there are pretty darn effective.  With due respect, you may want to look into them.

• Posted

Alan, you are right. There are many procedures out there that are more effective, even lower cost if paid by insurance. However, iTind is supposed to have almost zero side effects and pain due to its simplicity. It can be very appealing to some people. Nevertheless, for such a simple procedure, the quote I was given seem expensive. Motoman had one done for much less. Hank

• Posted

Motoman had one done for much less. Hank

i didn’t tell you about all my travel costs, LOL!

Airfare from west coast of USA for my wife and I, a weeks hotels, and meals. It wasn’t exactly a vacation. I pretty much just stayed in the hotel room for the five days the device was in, except for meals.

• Posted

I was just talking about procedure cost. Travel cost ? Same here, would also be from West coast of US. London clinic requires multiple post op visits which would make it worse. Hank

• Posted

Maybe one of these days it will be in the US.  Only time will tell  KEN 
    • Posted

It was supposed to be offered in Canada, but I could not find anywhere when I was looking 2 years ago. Maybe it has changed now.
    • Posted

I read up on this procedure last year.  I will take another look and see if I can find something   Ken
    • Posted

Are we still talking about iTind?  If so, it is available in Toronto.  Google Dean Elterman Toronto.
    • Posted

Do you know where in Canada and the cost ? I googled as you suggested but found nothing useful. Hank
    • Posted

As mentioned, it's in Toronto.   When I Google as I suggested, I get a sidebar on the right side of the page that includes info about the doc and a phone number.  Do you? I would call that number and start asking those questions!  Can't help you more than that. 

• Posted

I thought you know the name of the hospital or clinic. Hank
    • Posted

Let's see if this makes it through: "Dr. Dean S. Elterman is a Staff Urologist at the Toronto Western Hospital/University Health Network"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.