Costeochondritus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does anyone out there get this and if so could you give information on how it effects you, how it starts and how long it lasts.

What helps to ease it and can you replicate the pain.

Have you had it for years or is it a relatively new experience, have you had a diagnosis from your GP or via Google.

How many of you think its a heart attack and how many believe its muscular and nothing to fear.

Do you think its anxiety related or an inflammatory condition.

I am asking these questions so i can write a help page for an anxiety website to try and give a better picture of this from the sufferer's point of view.

Thank you in advance for your help, when i have completed it i will definitely post the article on here.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi strange enough I have recently been researching this problem that I have suffered with for almost three years , i just came across something that showed an image of in-flamation around the chest bones. As this looks like the area of pain that I suffer with mostly during the night and waking every morning moaning in so much pain. I investigated for rare medical conditions and found to be on the boarder line but after so long still left without a diagnois .

SO i decided to research for myself.

I have tried here to post the photo with the explanation on is too big to post here so I will attempt to resize it and post it again

IF your systems are the same or simular I message again

Best of luck to you in finding an answer

• Posted

I CUT THE PHOTO INTO TWO to post how it works

• Posted

Sorry for slow reply, life takes over, yes thats the area, have been to see my GP and he confirmed its muscular and said painkillers, analgesic rubs and it has helped.

I think my crutches dont help though

• Posted

Yes it's agony and yes I did think it was heart but after so many tests was told it was costo. I also have fibro and arthritis in neck and shoulders so as you can imagine in a lot pain daily

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.