Costiopain and gastritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was diagnosed with costio/tietze a few months ago, I have all the tests, ekg,ecg,ango,exrays,full body scan, ct scans, ect..

When feel pain I push on my ribs in upper chest near sternum it hurts and then goes away, and I can feel my ribs much more prominent on left side than the right. Also had a upper endo, and was diagnosed with chronic gastritis, wondering whats causing all this inflamation...frustrated

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi - only a doctor can confirm if you have costochondritis which i'm sure you already know. They seem to rule out other issues to determine if you have it. I was diagnosed with costochondritis after a really bad cold (coughing) which I think triggered costochondritis for the first time in my life. I tried ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory) which seemed to provide temporary relief but have basically had costo for a year until I came across a physiologist from New Zealand.

I went ahead and used the exercise techniques and purchased the 'backed' figuring i had a 50/50 change of improvement. The exercises he recommends actually helped (within days) and in conjunction with the backpod product, my costo discomfort is 99% gone. I was thinking it was a gimmicky product and technique and was surprised when it actually worked. The best of all I no longer require ibuprofen. I don't know if his approach works for everyone or some. Good luck with whatever you do but wanted to pass along this information in the hopes it can help someone. Costo was really annoying to live with so best wishes. - Mike

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Hi Mike can you share the info to me. I have been seeing chiropractor and accupuncturist to treat my costochondritis. I was also given some stretching exercises, it still persist. I would like to try other alternatives. Thanks
    • Posted

Hi dame79890,

They won’t let me post the link here (forum rules) but you can find the video on you tube by searching “backpod.” There are several search results but choose this one ‘How To Fix (most) Costochondritis and Tietze's Syndrome Part (2)’ I would be curious if it helps your Costo. Best wishes! -mike 

• Posted

Hello guys,let me tell you my story and a beautiful advice to whom suffers costohondritis.

I have been diagnosed with Costo 3 weeks ago from now,i had a super strong chest pain right in the middle of the chest that i literally can not walk for a 5 minutes,so i went to Er,they said it is Costo and prescribed me to take Advil.

So its been 19 days already i have been taken Advil daily,2 pils in the morning and 2 pils at night and it really helped me to survive without the pain.

Every single day i have been reading forums like that all over the world just to understand ho to deal with Costo because our doctors dont know s*%$t,and i found a lady,on russian forum,who gave anadvice( exercise) to someone how to treat Costo at home and guess what guys-it really works! I woke up this morning with out pain!!!!!

1.take a deep breath trough your nose and hold it and count 10 seconds.

2.then slowly ,very slowly let the air out through the mouth.

3.thats it guys! Lol,i did this exercise yesterday about 10 times during the day and today i am going to survive with out advil,this magic exercise works!

Dont thank me guys!

Ps.please guys help me to spread this information to the world and help people with this disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.