Costo?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So a few weeks ago I ended up with a pretty bad upper respiratory infection/ear infection. After getting over that a few days later I woke up with pain on the right side of my sternum, slight swelling it seems and in my upper middle back and at times on my sides (flanks).

The pain in my upper back has been unbearable at times and my chest hurts when I press on it and sneeze or cough.

I was just wondering if anyone else with Costo has experienced really bad upper back pain?

I haven’t gone to the doctors yet, planning this week to go but with all my symptoms I feel like this might be the cause.

I’m only 26 and I’ve never been really sick so this pain has been causing me a lot of anxiety and I think that is making it worse. It’s a vicious cycle.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I sometimes get pain in my back, it can range from a sharp pain like a stabbing wind when I breath in and out, to a general ache.

I think costochondritis can give all kinds of symptoms and can definitely set off anxiety. I went back to the doctor today and burst into tears. She looked at me like I was crazy but then reassured me that after me having a nuclear bone scan (which showed inflammation in my 1-9 ribs) and a CT scan I can rest assured I don't have something more sinister.

I'm still not 100% but do accept I am a bit of a hypochondriac!

• Posted

Oooh and mine started after a flu (a year ago) and I have definite swelling all around my lower ribs x

• Posted

im sure the drs think ,that so i said to mine id like you to have this for half a day then they wouldnt think so

• Posted

• hi nora the pain I have is right between my shoulder blades and it is almost constant ive never had anything like this its horrendous
  • Posted

Yeah, this pain is not fun at all ive literally been trying everything and anything to help ive tried to change the way I sleep in hopes of helping the pain in my back just in case maybe its sticking around because I stay so tense and ive now woken up with a sore neck. The pain in my chest seems to come and go, but always there if i cough or sneeze . Like I said the anxiety really does seem to make it worse. Im sorry you guys are experiencing this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.