Costo and did a rheumatologist help you?? (Anyone have underlying auto immune that contributed )

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered from costo for close to 3 years now. i am a 30 year old fit female mum of 2 who loves to stay active. I have tried all sorts of treatment for the pain and nothing seems to help. (osteo chiro massage, stopped running and lifting weights, sleeping on back, anti inflam, steriod tablet form, steriod injections etc.)

My last hope is an appointment with a rheumatologist which is some time away now. I just wanted to know if anyone out there has had success with one? if so how did they treat you? I seen a sports med doc who talked of chronic sufferers of costo sometimes having underlying auto immune problems@. Has anyone experienced this?

Also does anyone have any positive feedback about this horrible condition? who has successfully recovered from this?

thanks in advance 😃

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have they checked your blood test mine shows infection with this costo/tietzes and makes breathing harder because it hurts in back to take deep breathings.

• Posted

I have has bloods done a few times and all was fine. what kind of infection has the costo caused? i have had a new doc run some more bloods and have been called back in to see her but havent got results yet. i can only hope it is something that might help explain this.

• Posted

I never heard of any blood work being done for anything to do with cocso. had it for 15 years

• Posted

My doc has taken blood too see what else might be happening in my body. Inflammatory markers etc

• Posted

I had it for 15 teen years.. and when I bend over to pick things up or twist a certain way it really hurts. but the pain lets up after a few mins.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.