Costo Pain has moved?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So a year ago I was given a nuclear bone scan and CT scan for rib pain and swelling. My rib pain wasn't near my sternum, it was around the bottom of my left ribs. My nuclear bone scan showed inflammation in the lower ribs... costro was diagnosed.

The pain and slight swelling lasted about a year and just recently started to get better. In the last few weeks pain has developed in the bottom of my right ribs and round the side. If I press those sore areas it is sooooooo painful!! So much worse than the left hand side was.

Can costro move???? I suffer from terrible health anxiety (about to start therapy for it!) but this is now making me so anxious. Of course I'm worrying it's something awful like cancer.

This side just feels so much worse, it feels so bruised and when I touch the areas or stretch I nearly jump off the bed!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you had any physical therapy (seen a physiotherapist or osteopath)?

• Posted

Not for the costro as it was never this painful. I am seeing a physio at the moment for a hip/groin problem

• Posted

I strongly recommend osteopathy for your costo. It's a structural problem, and needs a structural fix.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.