Costochondritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is there anyone here that suffers from costochondritis? It has been mentioned that I could possibly be suffering from this, although no doctor has actually examined me by touch. If you are unfortunately suffering from this... Do you get pain in your back? If so, where and what sort of pain is it? I have pain in my back aswell as my ribs but I can't work out of the pain is coming primarily from my back.

My ribs do hurt to touch and the ribs below my breast line hurt on movement, coughing and laughing. I've had this pain for 7 weeks now and I'm so worried its something more serious 😢

Any help would be so greatly appreciated x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello

I've been having centre chest pain which radiates to my upper back shoulders and neck my ribs hurt when I touch them so i think its costo

I have read that costo can cause many other symptoms like shortness of breath I have also had shortness of breath . You may find this is what you are suffering with. I started getting symptoms in 2019 it seems to go away but come back quite often for me lifting makes it worse.

This time I have had the centre chest pain for weeks along with upper back and shoulder pain it really is awful its impossible to see my gp, due to covid even trying to call my gp is a nightmare 11 in the queue then told the list is full and call back in the afternoon. My pain does not come and go when I have a flair it is constant centre chest pain the upper back pain feels like burning and is very sore I have been using a hot water bottle on the chest pain and also my upper back, my neck hurts quite a bit I also have right shoulder pain.

Hope this info helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.