Costochondritis and breast pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

For years I've suffered with left breast pain, recently got diagnosed with costochondritis and was wondering if anyone has actually had breast pain connected to this, the pain comes from behind my breast it hurts to push into the ribs but also the pain radiates through my boob and it can hurt to apply pressure! X

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yeah I've got pain in my left breast as well! Hurts to touch and often feels heavy and almost my breasts have increased in size. You're not alone xx

• Posted

Makes me feel relieved that it's not just me really worries me 😩😩 xxx

• Posted

yes, Milliemarie, moi aussie, however the pain followed the cardiac route for me, down my left arm, up the side of my face with referred pain to the tip of my shoulder blade.  I was in agony for 4 years until a wise Doc diagnosed it and commenced me on 'noratryptline' and I haven't looked back.  However, the left side of my body i.e. left arm, leg and left side of my face began to wither. by the time the diagnosis was made the left side of my body looked 5-10 years older than the right.  It's improving now with some exercises.  it's horrible pain.  I felt I was having a 'continous' heart attack and no-body would listen to me. 

• Posted

OMG  YESSSSS!!!!! And its both breats for me as well. It does go away eventually. Taking warm baths, cold soft wrapped ice packs helps, And I take a medication called Neurontin for my Costro.Helps alot. Can help with anxirty as well. And help to sleep too. Good luck. Hope this helps. Hang in there. smile smile smile

• Posted

Such a relief it's so so so strange how it can cause breast pain I really don't understand it! Thank you for the advice xxx

• Posted

Mine does it really hurts in my breast and it's worse during that special time of the month goes up in my shoulders and mid to upper back very annoying but have gotta keep going

• Posted

Omg same as me! Down my arm and everything! It's not nice xx

• Posted

Yes...I get pain in my left boob all the time. It comes and goes. It might last one day or for a few hours. I use to worry, however mammograms confirms nothing is there so I quit worrying. It comes as a sharp intermittent pain.
  • Posted

Hello! I've been getting this a little bit here and there, but I was wondering if you also ever get like "bubbly" feeling under ur breast. Feels like bubbles coming up or a spasm. Super hard for me to explain but it also feels like it's near the heart. I've been getting this a lot for the longest time and all my test come back just fine. It's such an uncomfortable feeling and completely freaks me out!

• Posted

I get what you mean yeah and then it hurts to breath in, you can't catch your breath it doesn't always hurt me to breath in deeply though it's only sometimes, a lot of the time it's after lying on my stomach when there's been pressure on my chest literally if anything squashes my boob I could cry. I get pain In my shoulder blade a lot when breathing in too x

• Posted

Exactly how I feel if I push in certain areas it kills me I don't really understand it x

• Posted

Hi Jade.

Go to your Doc. ask for ''Nortryptline'' (it's a nerve pain medication).  As far as I know, it's used to be used  a mild anti depressant but they found out that it's works on nerve ending as an anti-inflammatory pain with pain relief effects. I would urge you to have it treated cos it just gets worse and once the nerve supply to an area is interrupted, so is the blood supply and that part slowly ''withers'' ........I am the evidence for that. my left arm is half the size of the right one and the left side od my face looks 5 years older than the right side coz for 4 years I was screaming with the pain that started in the cartilage and worked it's way up to my face (Trigeminal pain 24/7). When I  moved house and a wise young Doc. diagnosed it on the spot. I'm now pain free, unless I over use the parts affected.

all good luck with it. 

• Posted

p.s. apologies for all the spell/construction gaffs.........i'm rushing @ the mo.

C

• Posted

Hi ladies I've also been diagnosed with this horrible illness. I have severe pain in my left breast at present and im

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.