Costochondritis and hormone or ovarian cysts problems?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Has anyone else suffering from costochondritis had a history of hormone problems or ovarian cysts? Please let me know 

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. is this still an active thread? Going through the same thing at the moment and its driving me CRAZY! Started at the beginning of January this year with right side rib pain that wraps around to the front of my stomach. I've had blood and urine tests, all clear. I've also had two ultrasounds on organs and pelvis. only thing that came out of ultrasound was a cyst on left ovary - now waiting for an appointment for gynaecology. I was told 2 years ago after lapronoscopy for a cyst on my right ovary removing I have endrometreosis. The surgeon said it was only in the cyst and no where else and to go on birth control (which I didn't as I've had terrible experiences with taking it in the past). I've been back to the doctors now multiple time over this rib pain and he assures me he doesn't think its anything sinister but he STILL can't tell me what's causing the pain. I've even been to see a chiropractor who thinks it's costochondritis in my ribs. I'm am considering going for a private MRI as I'm convinced it's something else (I have massive anxiety right now which doesn't help).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.