Posted , 3 users are following.
I am a 39 year old female, looking for help with costo.
I suspect that I have costochondritis that is of infective origin.
I have a strong nagging pain in my chest around the upper breastbone.
A small lump of pus has been removed from my neck (found on CT)
Oral antibio and naproxed for 3 weeks didn't help.
What kind of doctors would look at this combination?
I am in Cambridge UK.
Has any of you had this or something similar?
What is it and what to do about it?
Many thanks for reading and perhaps answering
Long version of symptoms and tests
- very slow onset of chest pain, getting worse -- in pain for 6 weeks now
- pain around upper breast bone and either side of it, radiating to back
- pain comes and goes in the day, lasts for an hour at least, but typically much longer
- pain radiates into back and arms, mainly back between shoulder blades
- mild temperature (around 37-37.5 deg C)
- was tested for most heart condition - all negative
- tested for lung conditions -- all negative
- blood tests normal
- CT scan - normal, except for a 3 cm lump at the bottom of my neck.
- LUMP IN MY NECK TURNED OUT TO BE PUS, was aspirated
- pain still getting worse
- temperature remains
- still feeling where the lump used to be
Docs gave naproxen and antibiotics (oral).
after 3 weeks on those, no luck, pain is still there. And much anxiety etc.
1 like, 4 replies