costochondritis and injections

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi has anyone had the injections that are supposed to give relief to this painful complaint, i am in constant pain and talking to a nurse friend of mine she said the injection are good, so can anyone tell me please is it painful to have and does it work, thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have read on here that a couple people have gotten the injections and said it hurt like crazy and that it hasn't done any good that they were still in pain. I was leaning towards possibly getting it done but if I'm still going to be in pain then there is no need for me to be trying it. But what doesn't work for someone else may still work for you, everyone is different.

• Posted

Hi christine im waiting to have the injection done but my pain doctor cant get me in to have it done until the 18th aug which seems ages away especially as like you I am in constant pain I too have heard that they are good ive been to the health shop today to see if they could recomend anything to help with the pain alongside the prescription drugs that im also taking for it and they advised me to try green lipped mussel so im giving it a try in the hope it helps I,ll keep you posted
  • Posted

thanks guys, yes ive heard its painful but my doctor hasnt suggested it so will have a chat next time and see what he thinks, thanks for replies
  • Posted

Hi Christine 

im due to have the injections this week as this flare up has been lasting for weeks and I'm struggling to cope now. I have been told by my gp that it is painful and can make it worse for a while but I'm willing to take the risk. I do have nerve block and steroid injections in other parts of my body which are usually a huge relief after an initial few days of extra pain. I will definitely let you know the outcome. I have just been prescribed some diazepam to add to my myriad of medications and with my heat pad it is giving some mild relief. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.