Costochondritis and Tietze syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all

i was just wondering if any of you have experienced backacke , shoudler and arms aches , shortness of breath , and feeling hot all the time while experiencing costochondritis and tietze syndrome ? my heart also feels like its pounding

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

I think that's the norm for Costco . when I get them I go nuts thinking about the virus. so I just stay away from the news.

• Edited

Yes, definitely! I do get short of breath, have hot flashes, and a racing heart. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but this gets really noticeable if I bend forward, especially shortly after eating.

I've had costo for decades. Thinking I was having a heart attack all the time has put me in the ER multiple times in the past and caused tremendous anxiety. Not so much any more, though, because as I said, it's gone on for decades and no other problems were ever found.

I also get heartburn from it if I eat too much. The symptoms are no fun, but it's not fatal. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you this has helped alot ! its such a horrible condition and i am only 17 years old so it frightened me as i honestly thought i was having a heart attack but my doctor said my heart was absolutely fine ! and yes my chest also hurts if i bend over a little bit it also hurts even when im resting im just hoping it will go away very soon , Thank you ! x

• Edited

crystal I had it for about 17teen tee years now .and one of the signs for me is the bend over and it hurts so bad in my back and between my breast bone . the pressure. I think after awhile you know what's happening.

• Posted

i think im just getting used to the pain now ! as long as its not anything serious its managable ! x

• Edited

First of all, Ms. Crystal, don't panic. You are not dying, I promise you. Just rest and remain calm and it will go away quickly. Sometimes the panic itself makes it worse, and then you end up in a never-ending cycle. Just keep reminding yourself that it will pass and it will. It took me a very long time to learn that.

• Edited

You're very welcome. I think mine started when I was about 18 or so. You do learn what triggers the symptoms, and after a while when you realize that you aren't going to die, you learn to live with it and you can still have a good life in spite of it. Hang in there. 😃

• Edited

i also have all the symptoms you have described. i find what makes mines better is drinking plenty if water and eating quite healthily. Avoiding things like sugar and bread etc. ive had it for almost two years now and have been put on propronolol because my heart rate elevates sometimes due to it. ive also been to a+e many times because of it thinking i wqs having a heart attack. ekgs , x-rays and stress tests all of which have come back fine. i hope this helps a little

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.