Costochondritis and tiredness

Posted , 17 users are following.

Does anyone else notice fatigue along with this? I know that pain and inflammation can obviously cause fatigue, but I notice so much tiredness with this condition.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I feel tired when it's bad but I go to chiropractor when it's really bad it helps a lot but my work is not conducive to this illness so I just have to get on with it I've been more than 2 years now and it has never gone completely but was 80 per cent well then went back to work I find it difficult to breath at times especially when it's at its worst hope this helps you
  • Posted

I was just diagnosed with costocondritis yesterday! Never heard of it before! Had open heart surgery aortic valve replaced in October so when I started experiencing pain in my chest, I got a little nervous! I really think I pulled a muscle! I kinda do more than I probably should but it's hard to keep an old work horse down!!! Tylenol and the heating pad seem to help

• Posted

Deb I have it for 2-1/2 years but a lot easier I used Olbas Oil to rub into the painful areas and ice packs not heat,I go to a really good chiropractor who does acupuncture on my chest for it this has helped so much and she stretches my muscles this is the only way I've kept it really low I rest a lot I retired last September although I have a large family and they come nearly every day,just try what I've said I don't take any pain relief hate them causes more problems hope this helps also try to breath from your stomach this will inflate your lungs better

• Posted

I'm the exact opposite! I've had costo for 4 years and stretching agrivates it something rotten. Heat helps, but I take a fair few meds as I needed extra help after having my little girl.

• Posted

Hi everyone,

So i have been struggling with this also for some months. It was very strong at first. No pain just abdominal tightness especially around the left rib cage where the spleen\stomach is located.  At first thought it was just anxiety.  If there is trauma to the lungs, which is from my case of getting some chemical inhaled, this can occur.  I have been seeing a chiropractor which has been helping with spine mobility.  I suggest to do diaphragmatic breathing exercises 3 times a day or more....should be the way we breathe always, stretching, relaxation like yoga or qigong or walking, healthy diet that corresponds more to anti inflammation diet, chiropractor maybe 2 times a week to start and less later...and very important sleep...8 hrs if possible. I am still feeling it but so much better.  Best of luck to everyone feeling this. Do have doctor check heart etc. My experience with docs is they are not aware of this as much as chiropractors. 

• Posted

I have the same condition it’s so annoying it’s ruining my social life 
  • Posted

Yes, very much so..exhaustion climbing stairs, walking the block..I just purchased something called the backpod..a chiro from New Zealand developed it..the reviews are outstanding...it looks like a half football..you lay on it on your back..it stretches the ribcage as it adjoins the spine..I'm 3 days in, and I have noticed that it is already helping me...it costs $90, but might be money well spent...good luck..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.