Costochondritis frustration

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I am hoping to share and get some insight I have had costo for several years on and off and now become chronic . This week I had a high anxiety issue stuck in elevator and sure enough I got the aturnim pain .. went to triage they did not think it was cardiac but costo as I have recently done cardiac work may and dec 2016 all normal thank god .. my problem is that today I have like a pincu kind of pain only in one spot comes and goes inside left aturnim near breast .. bothersome I am just getting down as I am tired of having this also does anyone have stomach issues with this I am always scared it is something worse

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teri

Sorry your going thru this. I have Costro for about a year and a half. I somtimes have pain under both breasts, both in the soft tissue and in ribs under breasts. Also in shoulders at times and in right arm. Thank God they ruled out anything cardiac..Great news!!!   Soft ice packs, tens unit, and Ben Gay(Muscle rubs) help alot. Also, if your able to, motrin helps too. Good luck. hope this helps. Hang in there! smile smile smile

• Posted

Hi grace thank u for your suggestions right now I am doing physio and meaaage hot water bottles as cold makes it worse for me and Tylenol try to avoid anti inflammatory I have just begun adding tarmanic to my Meals . I will have to try the rubs as I have not tried that yet ..

ans atudying anti inflammatory foods more raw veggies Ma fruit less sugar and processed hopefully all of this togeather will bring relief

• Posted

GOOD LUCK!!  Saying prayers for relief  smile  Have a good day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.