Costochondritis or Heart Problem?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I am a 26 year old woman, 2.5 months ago, I started having chest pain. Right above my left breast, closer to my shoulder. It went away after 2 or 3 days, and then came back September 15th. About a week into it, I went to the ER and got all the tests done. EKGS (4) Xrays (3) Bloodwork (3) Ultrasound (1) Stress test (1) The stress test was ordered by my Primary, everything came back normal. I went to the ER 4 times in a week over this chest pain. After the first week of just the chest pain, it started moving around. It goes into my arm, my back, hand and fingers. Its like a burning feeling, sometimes its sharp. I feel it on my right side too, its usually not simultaneous. Its mostly left sided though. I've gotten some sharp pain in the center of my chest, but its usually fleeting and doesnt last long at all. It hurts to push on the center of my chest, under my collarbones, beneath both my breasts as well. My heart rate in my opinion has been wonky lately as well. It could be because I'm overweight by 50 or so pounds, but I've been losing weight as well to try and have a healthy pregnancy. Sometimes the pain is worse when I breathe, sometimes its unrelenting, medicine doesnt really help, heat sometimes does. Sitting straight up makes it a little better, I dont notice it as much when standing up. It has been under my armpit quite a bit too. It went away for about 3 weeks, but 2 days ago I jogged up 4 flights of stairs, and now its back. It's been 2 full days of it now. I slept better last night then I did the night before, the night of the 12th, I woke up multiple times to my heart racing. I think it very well could have been my anxiety over the fact that the chest pain came back though. It's very annoying and frightening at times as well. Its also really tender above my breasts as well, when I push down its pretty painful. It's so much but yet I keep being told it isnt my heart...which I am happy about if thats the case...but if isnt my heart then...what is it?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.