Costochondritis pain, in agony

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 73, female, spent 15 months with pains in stomach, suspected gallbladder removal suggested.

I had gallbladder removed in June this year & have been in agony ever since, its been over 5 months now, its taken 5 doctors to say, Pulled muscle, Mastitis, Don't know! hospital visit then consultant suggested the Breast clinic, saw another Consultant & he said it was Costochondritis, probably due to the surgery, expanding my chest to do the operation & causing the CostochondritisI have changed my doctor's surgery, but i am in a lot of pain where the key hole surgery took place, between my breasts & under my armpits too. Have taken ibruphren , tramadol, now on pregabulen 25mg 1 at night, but pain is still intense.

It hurts to breath & just walking hurts my chest, breathing is painful like iv'e got a huge rock on my chest.

hope someone can help

.ps. have had fibromyalgia for 21 years, read that people can get this with FM

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.