Costochondritis pain moving around

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with inflammation in my ribs, however the pain seems to move around from my shoulder to my ribs around to chest through my left breast, have had eggs, X-rays and blood work and all came back clear also had ultrasound. Now I have pain in my in my lowest ribs on my left side and feel it between my ribs and top of hip. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing. One thing u can do is check your levels with a blood test to see if u might be deficient in vitamin D, potassium, magnesium and/or vitamin k. These can definitely be a culprit for your costo. Also, try to get a foam roller and stretch your chest out. U should also go for daily walks. U can find some exercises on YouTube for the foam roller. Mine is getting better everyday by doing these things and getting my vitamins in daily. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks, really got me this morning when I had pain in my side between my ribs and the top of my hip and radiated to belly button and around to my back back, wasn't sever by any means more a nusience and uncomfortable feeling, my lowest ribs are quite tender to touch and of course I keep rubbing them when I feel this. went to hospital they did blood work not sure what they tested for but came back good, not sure they checked all those levels, this seems to throw a new curve everyday and health anxiety isn't making it easy. Starting to think I have some food intolerances as well, but hopefully not.
    • Posted

I feel the exact same way girl. Demand for the blood tests from your GP! U have the right to know what is going on with your body. Sometimes it hurts to eat also. It is awful but I am finally starting to see improvement because of the exercises and the vitamins. It could take a few months to get your life back but it will all be worth it otherwise it will become a chronic condition. Please let me know how things are going with you. We are here for you. Hugs.
    • Posted

Thanks! I've been doing physio therapy and icing 3-4 times a day for 20min at a time, starting to seem improvement. Yes I notice my stomachs hurts a bit after eating sometimes too can't relate to any specific food though. My inflammation was bad at a point I have nerve pain down my left arm but that has not been there for about 10 days now and I feel as that I can use my left side more, just have to be careful yet to not over do it. The dr put me on 5 days of prednisone and that is helping a lot just worried once I'm done that if the pain will be back.
  • Posted

Hi Ashley:

the expression of Costochondritis tends to vary massively from person to person.  I had it for 4 years which followed the pathway of acute cardiac pain i.e. left sided chest pain, radiating to left shoulder, down my left arm, up the side of my neck & face.  in the end my whole left side was affected &  had a  frozen shoulder etc.  when I moved house my new Doc diagnosed me with CostoC  strainght away and prescribed me Noratriptyline 30 mgs  - a gradual build from 10 -30 mgs and cleared the pain within 48 hrs.

it might be worth a try.  I was at the end of my tether coz I wasn't sleeping and the pain was constant & the Doc's implied it was in my head....until this  enlightened Doc diagnosed it & treated it straight away.

C

• Posted

By saying your entire left side even your hip and back? I'm really feeling it in bottom ribs and down into my hip an lower back. Was mostly upper body before now more in the lower body

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.