Costochondritis, spasms, nerves, rib pain...any sufferers have these?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im a 58 yr old female whos been diagnosed with costo after experiencing rib pain on right in a couple places. Sometimes it just hurts and other times it feel like a nerve firing and the area gets warm afterwards at times. Get a crawling sensation in my ribs too. Also have pains at times in my right shoulder and sometimes scapula. Had a Ct Scan, xray, mri, blood tests and all was clear. my doctor did say my ribs were winged from inflamation. The only place it hurts to push on is the end of the cartliage below the sternum. I experience pain from time to time on the left. Anyone equate?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HELLO bb133 I have had Costo for 13 mos. Like you ive had all the tests, including. Chest xrays. breathing treatment, stress test and seen a chiropractor which is helping . I have him I just my sternum also. I do use a heating pad on my chest from time to time. Most of my discomfort is at night when I am trying to sleep. The pain is on both sides of the ribs. My DR gave me muscle relaxers which do not seem to help. Someone on this forum suggested using Advil liquid gel‘s especially at night and they do help some. I have done extensive research to no avail! I read recently that gluten can cause inflammation which is the main cause for costo ! so I am going to try a gluten-free diet and see if that helps I will let you know !!CHATTY

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.