Costochondritis/ Turmeric

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have had chest pain for 4 weeks now, everyday it comes and goes dependant on what I am doing, sometimes just sitting. The pain goes into my back and shoulder sometimes. The main pain is the sternum just slightly to the right. My GP suspected a heart problem and got me into A&E where they did ECG, blood tests and Xray, all came back normal. My GP has diagnosed Costochondritis. I was reading on here couple of days ago about someone who had been taking turmeric powder in hot water daily and it has helped. I cant seem to find the post now??? Also is there anyone that has this condition but without any tenderness when pressing on chest or ribs?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had exactly the same problem! however chest pain for a bit longer than that now (not as bad as the start - touch wood) .. like you I've had multiple ecgs, chest xray and bloods done - all normal! I sometimes feel tender just under the boob area but not always. I think people experience it differently so could well be costochondritis still, I'm the worst for health anxiety lately but I suppose we need to try and trust doctors when they say it's not the heart.

• Posted

does anyone feel out of breath with their costochondritis?

• Posted

hi soozi

I am a thoracic surgeon in İstanbul/Turkey.I see many patient at daily pratic like you.As your GP said it seems costochondritis.There is a lot of cause for this; like a **hidden cardiac pathology,rheumatysmal diseases and etc.But more common is the traumatic(repetative movements of the torso).

• Posted

hi im interested in what hidden cardiac pathology you are refering to ? my gp has not refered me as promised for an ecg because of lockdown she said lets go with costochondrits diagnosis for now !!! so u havnt been checked out properly yet !!! because i had twinges from clapping for the nhs in my chest she said it wax reassuring it could be muscular skeleton she even forgot shed asked me to do a pain diary ???!! i wish they would read patient notes all i know is if i get severe pain again im going into A & E at ruh for an ecg ... everyone else on here has has the tests which should be done as a matter of course to rule out heart issues i cant seem to get heard !!! what do i have to do ... stay safe all of you.

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply, you refer to hidden cardiac pathology, so are you saying I should have more tests and not just go with the Costochondritis diagnosis? also about a year ago I had injections in my shoulders due to a build up of calcium in my shoulders causing pain and restricted movement in them which did help a lot. Do you think that could have something to do with the chest and rib pain I'm having now? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.