COSTOCONDRITIS MASSIVE PAIN

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have this since I was 20 , im now 35, and it would always come and go but now it seems its come back with avengance and i just cant take the pain, to the point my shoulder back hurts and my arm goes numb. ItsĀ  a pain on top of my left breast, sometimes the pain feels pressurized, or like a stabbing pain. My pain has gotten so bad i now suffer from anxiety....I know its not my heart but tell that to my brain. Anyways, i want to know if anyone has found releif and how or what can i ask my doctor for, i am seeing her on april 5. I have taken ibuprofen 800mg, naproxen, and nothign works. Any advise anyone,

thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain. I'm going the same thing daily. I have chest pains EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! And the only time I have some relief is when I'm sleeping. I've had a full cardiac work up, 10 EKGs, 5 chest X-rays, blood work and echo and treadmill stress test. All to come out normal. I was diagnosed with chest wall pain/ Costochondritis and anxiety!!! I still have it in the back of my mind that it's my heart. I wish it was something they could do to give us some relief

• Posted

This is the exact same story as me lol started off bad Costco then developed into anxiety panic attacks depression, constant heart palpitations it sucks
  • Posted

Yes ask your doc to send you for acupuncture if he refuses then seek out a really good chiropractor see if anyone can recommend you one make sure they are FULLY qualified I know the anxiety it causes nasty but just try what I've said works for me I still have to go see her just to keep it away just get a few twinges not bad though hope this helps doctors don't know what to do about it think we all give up on them trying to understand this illness it should be marked as a disability as impacts so much on our lives

• Posted

I'm haveing the exact same pain comes and goes all day long some days are good some days are bad above my left breast... I haven't been to the Dr about cuz I know it's not my heart had a ekg blood test chest x-ray back in November for pnemonia all that cam back negative for anything else related to the heart. It does freak me out some day but most day it just sucks so bad. My rib hurt sometime to breath in or laying in a weird poistion. This condition sucks ass feels like I just worked out on my left for 24 hours straight. When the pain is gone I feel sore. When it's there it hurts not sharp bull dull pain.... Idk what they can do about it but maybe a chiropractor may help maybe your spine is out of wack.. I'm 27 years old so I know it def not my heart. Trying to explain to people everyone think it is acid reflux screw that it's def not acid reflux no where near my esphogoues. I know how that feels.... Keep grinding just tell your pain to knock the aniexty off cuz it's not your heart

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.