Costocondrits burning on left side and center

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys new member here.. so here's my story. One day i started to get this sore pain in the center of my ribs ignored it for a few weeks and it got to the point I went to see the Dr he sead it's costocondrits.. can this move around the whole ribs area with a burning sharp pain? I take naproxen and Co-codmol when it's real bad.... always worry that it's my heart even although am told it's not by the Drs.. One sharp pain that's my day ruined.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Very common. Been having Problems with them for 15 years. You will start noticing the feeling between the ribs and sharp pain. Heart attacks what I heard are a constant pain.and this coso wands .
  • Posted

Thanks Brenda it's really bad when it happens i hold my hand over the sore part and waiting for it to cool down.

• Posted

Yes, I do get those sharp pains and radiates to my arm sometimes. I do have bad days and good days. Try CBD capsules and see if that will work for you.
  • Posted

Yes anything can affect it to cause pain mines a sharp turn its happen to me when I was driving I turned around to check on my right side to go into a lane and it got to sharp it knocked the wind out of me .I had it for about 13 teen years now .I pulled it trying to lift up a heavy table by myself at a zoo part and didn't know it was sealed down .but was in a hurry .artirirtic in both shoulders and one of my side of my right neck .cosoc in my ribs area pulled sterum which is what it is.movement and stress can bring it on . it can knock the wind out of you .your thinking a heart attack .few e.r. visit been threw the tests. Finding the thing that helps me is rubbing my hands together and going over the area .if you think back to when it began you will remember hurting in your chest area.mine is heat .where I get the heat relief. If you get the heat strips and your somewhere go into a bathroom and sit it on your chest for a few mins.remember that this also shall pass.

• Posted

Had it for 15 .but got real bad after 13 I took aspirin . but I'm not a aspirin taker . heat and rub motion helps.

• Posted

Hello guys,let me tell you my story and a beautiful advice to whom suffers costohondritis.

I have been diagnosed with Costo 3 weeks ago from now,i had a super strong chest pain right in the middle of the chest that i literally can not walk for a 5 minutes,so i went to Er,they said it is Costo and prescribed me to take Advil.

So its been 19 days already i have been taken Advil daily,2 pils in the morning and 2 pils at night and it really helped me to survive without the pain.

Every single day i have been reading forums like that all over the world just to understand ho to deal with Costo because our doctors dont know s*%$t,and i found a lady,on russian forum,who gave anadvice( exercise) to someone how to treat Costo at home and guess what guys-it really works! I woke up this morning with out pain!!!!!

1.take a deep breath trough your nose and hold it and count 10 seconds.

2.then slowly ,very slowly let the air out through the mouth.

3.thats it guys! Lol,i did this exercise yesterday about 10 times during the day and today i am going to survive with out advil,this magic exercise works!

Dont thank me guys!

Ps.please guys help me to spread this information to the world and help people with this disease.

• Posted

True since you are stretching your chest. You can also do more stretching using the door frame, put your hands on each side like you are Y shape lean forward and you will feel your chest stretching. It is helping specially when my pain is coming back, I just do the stretching and yes it does help just like when you do deep breathing. They are simple exercises and it work!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.