Costro and not being able to work

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is anyone else who is suffering from Costochondritis and still not able to work? I have been out of work for over 2 years, in chronic pain ever day. What do you do for income?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Are you sure it is just costochondritis? I get costo, but I also have other pains from other things in the chest area. If it is so bad you are unable to work, it may be something else that needs looking at. What exactly are your symptoms?

• Posted

Yes, that is what they decided it was. I feel like the my right side is older than my left side. If that makes sense. I get pain from under my right breast bone, that wraps from the sternum to the spine. My ribs on the right side pop in and out randomly. I also get spasms throughout my right side occasionally as well too. My doctor tugged on my rib cage and said it was Costo and said i also had a fractured cartilage in my rib as well. No surgery can be done to cartilage, so its pain management.

• Edited

Do you take any vitamins? I know it may sound like a weird question, but vitamin deficiencies can cause pain. Vitamin D is really important for your bones, healing and your immune system. In fact vitamins B12, C, D and E are all said to help with chronic pain. If you aren't already taking vitamin supplements I would recommend taking a daily multivitamin and mineral tablet every day as well as fish oil omega 3 tablets. Try and cut down on sugar and alcohol if you have these in your diet as they can cause inflammation. Look up anti inflammatory diet see which foods can help and which to avoid.

• Edited

What are your symptoms? How did it start? I've been going to physiotherapy and found out that the muscles on one side of my body are extremely tight and rigid, well beyond what is considered normal for every day life. This pulls on the area that attaches to the sternum.

• Posted

How did you get your injury? I'm sorry to hear about your pain. Have you tried physiotherapy? I also read online that a herb known as arnica montana is used by some athletes for healing acceleration.

I have a slight curvature of the spine(scoliosis)and my left side naturally twists more inward than my right side. Meaning that I kind of place my left shoulder inwards more than I should. I've had this stupid pain before but this year is just bad. I did have a heavy case of vomiting last summer when the pain was the worst.

My therapist does things like cupping, but also massaging my affected area along with some strenghtening exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.