Costro or not

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have oa of full spine and most of my joints I'm 54 and in November suffered a subarachnoid haemorrhage oddly enough that's when these symptoms started.

I get severe pain in my ribs but at the back and sides not the front but a couple of ribs are extremely painful to touch at both sides, I struggle getting out of bed because of it but after a couple of hours of being upright, the pain subsides. I ask doctors but they are more interested in my brain haemorrhage than any new symptoms and I think they blame a lot on my cervical arthritis too. I'd really appreciate any help on this please.

Wendy

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you had x rays? CT scans? MRI?   Im sorry about your hemmorage. Its important for them to be concerned about that first, however, don't be afraid to question, question, question!  I have had Costro for over a year. I have pain in my ribs, The front and under both breasts at times as well. Somtimes, in my arms. But I always am persistant if its active to rule out the bad things. Which, Thank God they pretty much have. Cold soft ice packs help my pain, Ben Gay can help numb the pain. Motrin can help swelling. And lowering your intake of sugar helped me alot. Inflammation feeds off of sugar. Good luck to you. It will get better.

• Posted

Hi Grace

I've had loads of ct and MRI scans lately. My neck is causing some concern and I'm being referred to a neurosurgeon but unfortunately my lumber is just as bad so I'm now wheelchair dependant.

• Posted

Hi Grace

I've had loads of ct and MRI scans lately. My neck is causing some concern and I'm being referred to a neurosurgeon but unfortunately my lumber is just as bad so I'm now wheelchair dependant.

• Posted

Sending healthy healing thoughts to you!!! Saying a prayer for you as well!!!

I have pain in  my neck from costro as well somtimes, but certainly not as bad as you. I'm glad drs are being diligent with you. Hang in there. Better days are ahead. Let me know how it goes. Good luck   smile

• Posted

Hi Grace

Thanks but I've just found out my cervical and thoracic spine is severely damaged so awaiting to see a neurosurgeon.

Wendy

• Posted

Good luck to you!!!! I pray for a speedy recovery and good health!!!  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.