Cotalopram for 3 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

I been on Citalopram for 3 months now and i am still anxious mornings specially. My hair is falling out and at night i catch my self clenching my jaw which i had to sleep with a night guard and helps. I have terrible night sweats but when i have good days i have really good days. I feel better its just im still anxious and gained 15 pounds. I feel like quitting cuz i have no latience i try to be lositive but its hard when ive been feeling like this for months. When will i see the light from this tunnel? 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary,

I’m in my seventeenth week . I just had a wow moment last week. It was a huge difference like it lifted from me. I’m on 10 mg. Just be patient. You will be there shortly. 

Will😎

• Posted

Thanks i hope so. I just want to be normal again and live my life 
  • Posted

I wanted to ask you. What kind of night guard are you using? I’ve had trouble with my teeth, the same as you and my denitist reccomended I get one. 

Will😎

• Posted

I did the jaw clenching on Citalopram, too :-). For me, it never went away the 5 years I was on it. Now I've noticed I'm clenching my jaw on Escitalopram, too ;-).

?I grind my teeth, too, but I've done that most of my life, so I know it's not totally due to the medications, although it's maybe made it a bit worse;-).

• Posted

I dont know the exact brand but i did get it at my local Walgreens. And it helps a bit. 
    • Posted

Hi, you’ve switched from citalopram to Escitalopram, have you noticed any difference? I’ve heard the Es is better but was wondering what you think. I’m wondering if I should swap xxx
    • Posted

Yes pls let us know if u find the Es is better my dr just switched me too
  • Posted

It won’t be long til you feel better, this stuff takes ages xxx

Also try some vitamins for your hair loss, I take b12, d, iron and magnesium and I swear they make s difference xxx

• Posted

What dose are you on? Probably not what you want to hear, but maybe you want to discuss with your doctor an increase in dosage, if possible.
    • Posted

Im on 20mg and im scared to increase do to the fact that the side effects might get worse. 
    • Posted

I would personally stick to the current dose for a good few months xxx it takes ages to settle xxx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.