Cough

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking Lisinopril for a number of weeks. BP good but I have developed a dry, hacking cough which I have had shortly after starting the tablets. Is this coincidence or the symptomatic cough? Anyone else had this symptom?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I got a little cough but it went away dry cough is one of the main symptoms with lisiniopril

• Posted

Unfortunately my cough is very severe and is keeping me awake for most of the night. During the day I have to suck sweets to stop me from coughing continually. I have found out that it is due to Kinins (toxic waste) lodging in the lungs. The coughing is the bodies way of dislodging the kinins. Even when you stop the medication it can take months for the lungs to clear. I have stopped the medication and will be returning to my GP. Why do GP's not explain the possible side effects before prescribing the drug?
  • Posted

hi i've just been prescribed lisinopril my doctor warned me i might get a dry cough so i would say yes to your question . Apart from the cough how have you found this med. Did you feel dizzy or get headaches.I've been given these as last med's made me very dizzy all the time

• Posted

I stopped taking Lisinopril 3 weeks ago. The cough has finally gone but it took a while. I am taking Grapeseed extract and my blood pressure is controlled. I am returning to my GP on 16th February (earliest appointment) I will be telling her that I do not intend taking BP medication while the Grape seed extract seems to be doing the job. I am fed up with the side effects of the different medications I have tried.
    • Posted

I feel the same way as you  can not understand why they keep prescribing tablet's they know will make you feel bad. Never heard of grapeseed going to investigate that one thank's for the tip
    • Posted

Hi Ann. Check Grapeseed extract on the internet. It is good for all sorts of things and is a natural antioxidant. My BP reading this morning was 130/88 which for me is good. I take two in the morning after food and one is the evening after dinner. My husband has started taking them and his BP was high even on medication, it is now right down.
    • Posted

Try typing in Grapeseed extract and High BP then go through the write ups. It is quite interesting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.