cough

Posted , 3 users are following.

i gave up amlodipine 10 weeks ago because of the hacking cough i'd had since taking it. the cough started around christmastime and i was hoping it would have gone by now but it's still hanging on. it's such a horrible dry, tickly cough that actually makes me vomit some days it's so bad. should it have gone after 10 weeks or should i be seeing the doctor to see if something else is causing it?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If by chance you are also taking lisinopril, that's a more likely cause for the cough.

• Posted

Amlodipine is known to cause a cough in some people.

You should be seeing the doctor to get an alternative medication to keep your BP down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.