Cough, Chest pain, Slight fever, and major body aches for one day then again exactly 4 weeks later.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I had been having a weird pain in my chest when I would take in a deep breath for 6-10 months (I cant remember the exact start date), the pain would be right in the center just below my collar bone and it was clearly a lung or esophagus discomfort (more of a burning or icy feeling that sharp or stabbing), but it would only be when I took a really deep breath and often just in the morning and at night. I shrugged it off for so long because I assumed it was my acid reflux issues. But then I woke up one day and it was worse than usual and as the day went on I kept feeling worse. It started as just the pain in my chest and a small cough, then my shoulders started to hurt and then my back, and I developed a low grade fever. Then my husband started to feel the exact same symptoms in the same order. The next day we woke up and felt almost completely back to normal, I just had to weird pain in my chest still. I took an at home covid test and it was negative so we just moved on and assumed it was a 24 hour flu or something.

Well then exactly, to the day, 4 weeks later, the exact same thing happens in the same order- chest pain, cough, shoulder pain, back pain, fever. This time I decided to go to urgent care, my body aches were much worse this time, I was short of breath, heart rate was fast, and I was so tired. They did a PCR Covid test and that was negative, they did a chest x-ray and it should possible pneumonia. So they gave me 2 antibiotics and sent me home. My husband had the same exact symptoms once again which the urgent care doctor thought was weird and we just assumed maybe it was "sympothy sickness" but by the time I got home, he had a fever of 102.1 and mine never got that high. He never went to the doctor because the next day, once again, we felt fine. I did the antibiotics and got a follow up chest xray and they said it looked fine. I work in xray and when I looked at the 2 xrays, i honestly did not see any difference so I thought that was weird but its possible I missed something.

So it has been 2 months since we were sick. I feel completely back to normal except, I still have shortness of breath and my heart rate goes up very easily. We got another chest xray and again they said it looked normal. I am scheduled to have a echocardiogram stress test and a chest CT done this week as well because the past few weeks my blood pressure has been incredibly high as well.

Also, a month after I had pneumonia, we traveled somewhere that at the time was 80 degrees warmer than where we live and I ended up getting really weak and rolled by ankle, fell down some stairs, and then passed out. We assumed it was heat exhaustion. This happened around 12 and I had drank 24 oz of water by that point but we were in the sun and it was about 100 degrees Fahrenheit. But now I am wondering if it wasn't heat exhaustion and could possibly be related to my other symptoms.

I know that was a lot of info but I wanted to give everthing I could remember since I also have slight brain fog happening. I am hoping someone maybe had something similar happen, specifically with the sick for one day, 4 weeks apart thing because no one believes us when we say that or thinks is just a fluke. I am wondering if anyone has had something like this and got a diagnosis. Is it just random, could it be long covid, just looking for any ideas that I could bring up to my Primary care provider since we are sort of stuck.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.