Cough, Cold, Tinnitus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, suffer a bad cough and cold and my tinnitus seems to be playing up, anyone else know this result, just feeling fed up, ive had Tinnitus 23 I should be used to it's ups and downs but you never really do.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so run down & fed up. My tinnitus is definitely worse when I've got cold or flu...any type of illness at all magnifies it. It takes a lot more effort then to distract myself from the "noise" but I have less energy to do so. Be kind to yourself as much as possible & do whatever it takes to take your mind off it. Soft music usually works for me, especially if I'm having trouble sleeping. Sleep is vital to help reduce stress & heal the body. Take care my friend. You are not alone....always kindred spirits on this forum to offer encouragement & support when you need it :-)

• Posted

Thanks Digsby,

With tinnitus it takes a mental strength coping so any other problems puts a sort of dent in the coping and the result is the tinnitus seems worse more intrusive.

• Posted

Yes, I agree. Anything that interferes with our coping strategies is very annoying. Try to dig deep in your inner strength & ride out this temporary storm until you can settle back into a comfortable routine again. Hope you feel better very soon. Take care :-)

• Posted

I seem to be feeling lightheaded on a regular basis now, does anyone else have a similar problem.
    • Posted

Yes John, me toooo..it's progressively getting worse..not sure the cause but am Goin for several tests to did out..want 2 feel normal again

• Posted

Hi  Terrie could you let me know how you get on only my GP is not very good he keeps trying to give me anti depressants which I don't want.

• Posted

Hi, no can't say I suffer lightheadedness, for me the tinnitus causes no other problems, it's just a never ending annoyance, sometimes worse than others.

• Posted

I call Monday ro set up appt. Hoping very soon to do the testing. Scope will be redone in Feb 23. Having an ENG test ..will sure let ya know..
  • Posted

Following... appreciate the kind comments.  On the upside, I've learned a ton of stuff from audiobooks, & podcasts.   public library app is free (overdrive).   My naturopath prescribed Neprinol AFD to assist with body's own fibrin (scar tissue) removal.  Since the ear is so delicate, inflammation is noticed there first.  (as in a viral sickness)   I took a fourth of a bottle & gave up... but I may retry to work on inflammation with diet and supplements.  It would help general health anyway.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.