cough for at least year...a friend thinks i should worry i think id be wasting docs time

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi chatting to a friend tonight who says i cough a lot and clear my throat several times an hour....she thinks i should go to check it out with doctor but iv got used to it and didnt realise it wasnt the norm till my friend mentioned it...this has been going on at least 5 year so think not much doc could do anyway...what are peoples views

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could be habit or nervous tick, but yes I would get it checked out. Better safe then sorry I always say.
  • Posted

I agree with Michelle.  For all illnesses, the earlier you find them the better the chanc of healing, especially with the rise of drug-resistant bacteria. IF there is anything wrong, find it.  A single appointment is not a waste of a doctor's time.  That is what they are there for.  (I hope you do not smoke.)
  • Posted

Hi our son had a really bad cough and the hospital could not find out the cause they put it down to asthma because i suffer with asthma they gave him different inhalers over 2 years but it made it worse so a friend of mine said why dont you take him to see a omega therapist no medication just healing after 3 sessions we found jack wasnt coughing as much and after a few months the cough had gone completely (not joking) and the cough never came back, we sat with jack the whole time of his treatment and the lady was just putting her hands on his chest when we asked jack what was happening he said it was like a warm feeling going through his chest, ok we had to pay £20 a session for one hour but it was well worth it, my son played football and coughed the whole time then after his treatment he never coughed at all and our friends could not believe how he had improved, when you think jack was under the hospital near on 3 years and nothing, worth a try.  max
  • Posted

hi thanks everyone im 40 and never smoked in my life which is why my friend was so worried.i went to see doctor today and he said hes sending me for an x ray and started me on nasal spray hopefully itl help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.