coughed up blood health anxiety nightmare

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iv had a cold now for about a week and I feel drained and one minute I have normal energy the next I'm zonked feels like iv swollen razor blades mild wheezing coughing the loverly green stuff!!!NOT 😷 and yeah so I'm ill pain in chest and throat like aching

has anybody else coughed blood with a cold ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have and it turned out to be a chest infection. May be best to go see your gp hun especially if you're coughing up the green stuff too
    • Posted

Iv been I had to go to walk in he said my chest don't sound too bad and that my throat does not look that bad even though it's hurting to the point I can hardly talk and I'm croaking he checked my temp and said that's ok too I don't have a clue what's going on but he was like really not concerned and said to go to my own gp if it does not clear up I'm so worried still though as I thought if it was chest infection could put my mind to rest xx
    • Posted

I'd see how you go overnight - paracetamol, lots of fluids, lozenges and all the usual cold soothers. Make an appointment to see your own doctor tomorrow if you're still the same x
  • Posted

Hi Stephx I had a cold and a chest infect recently. If I looked at gunk it had streaky blood in but realised it was coming from my nose! Nose still a bit bloody when I blow it. If you're coughing badly could just be a wee burst blood vessel. Take it easy. E.
    • Posted

Thank you makes me feel miles more better I normally have it from.my nose as my sinuses play up every month but this was my throat for the first time he said my chest sounded good I wonder if I scratched my throat as it's really sore and itchy xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.