Coughing

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had bx for a year now.i was at the doctors yesterday after a bout of infections and three lots of antibiotics ,I am coughing all the time at the moment and I have a herna ,he sent me straight up the the hospital and after putting the herna in painful to say the least .I have to have a oparation now ,has anybody else had this problem

Thanks Joanne

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jockeys i know the feeling with chest infection i myself ave just ad 10day course antibotics sent sputum sample to doctors now waiting for results but sadly i dont ave hernia ope they get u sorted out like me if its not one thing its another
  • Posted

Hi Jockeys, is it a productive cough, or just a cough? For the most part, I have a productive cough, which is me trying to get something up and out of my lungs. But sometimes - like this weekend - my cough runs rogue. It's more like the kind of cough I'd get when I was sick with a cold or flu.

• Posted

Hi Shirley ,I can have both like you but mostly it's a productive cough ,when I can't cough any more sputum up I start with a dry cough then start with a infection,it's like my body can't take any more ,I have asthma and a collapsed lung on the left and now I have a constant pain in the rib ,I try and keep positive but it can be hard sometimes

Take care Joanne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.