Coughing problem after entering the composite material freezer

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

3 weeks ago I entered, from +20 to the-18 degree freezer including many prepregs (fiberglass or carbonglass material). It took for a while of course and there was really cold and humid. After a few days I entered again but this time I turned of the freezer, however it was still cold. Unfortunately, it was my first time and I did not know that I should protect myself somehow. After a few days, I got cough! I am not exactly sure that was the reason, but I want to know whether some of you had the same experience before. Could it be the reason? Please note that my cough is irregular specifically on the morning (I think that something in my lung or so incites me to cough, you know? and afternoon to night I have a limited chest pain which lead to fear specifically these days you know! Does anybody know what should I do or could it be a reason? Could it cause any serious problems?

I have no fever hopefully and no hardness in breathing

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi shangil sorry for the late reply but I have only just seen your mail

Yes obviously if you spent a lot of time in the freezer it would not be good for you but in a young healthy adult if you weren't in their long you should have been fine.

Are you not able to contact your doctor by phone, I do understand that you are worried regarding coronavirus but if you have had the cough this long it would surely be a remnant of a cough from that but because you are now getting chest pain it needs looking at.

Let me know how you get on

Whereabouts are you

Regards stay safe and keep washing your hands 😂

• Edited

Hi Alexander,

I went to doctor 18 days ago and they said that it is ok. They did not CT scan though. My coughing i not too much and it is strange that it comes a while and go. for example 10 times a day!! sometimes it seems that sth incites me to cough sometimes. I have not any fever or stroke (even though stroke feeling could come due to my anxiety disorders I have had genetically). Also, my chest pain is not that much and it is strange again that it is not permanent. Even I don't know it is real or not but at least I have the pain. it also comes and go. In this situation also you know that going to doctor is risky itself on the other hand.

I am tired offff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.