coughing up blood.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.

So my health anxiety has been at its worst for the last 3 weeks. To the point where ive been Goggling every symptom and diagnosing myself. Last night i was lying in bed when my chest felt weezy, socoughed and coughed up some blood with mucus in it. It wasnt alot but enough to scare me aet me off and cause a panic attack. I took myself to a and e and they did a chest xray and it was all clear like the last time for the same thing. I suffer with servere health anxiety so i constantly have a lump in my throat where it feels something is stuck so i cough to move it. The doctor has said because i cough alot im bursting blood vessles and inflaming my inside. Im so scared of coughing up blood again. I just cant cope. Has any one else suffered this? I havent had a cough and cold either. I have 2 children and paranoid its something more serious even tjough ive had blood tests and xrays which have come back all clear.

Vicky x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky , this anixty is just awful, I have suffered on and off for years , my anixty is so bad at the moment and I have the lump in my throat and constant mucus at the back of my throat always swallowing and coughing to clear my throat , I makes me so down and tired and I can't be bothered doing anything , im on citaloprom, what do u take xx
    • Posted

Hi sarah thank you for your reply. I take citlaopram and propanolol. Mines always there its ok when i wake up but within 30 mins of getting up it startsx
    • Posted

Hi Sarah I've had since I was 19 now 35 , I'm also having a rough time with it at the moment and don't no why , im not on medication tho I come off it a few year back I just don't like having to rely on tablets especially for long lengths of time but no I need to go back to docs , hope you're ok x
  • Posted

It is so nice seeing someone struggling like me. I mean that in the nicest way possible. I am constantly convincing myself I'm dying and petrified of leaving everyone behind. This is effecting my relationship badly. I feel dizzy constantly and aching all over. Constantly thinking I have Cancer. Google confirms this. I have severe anxiety I just don't think it's ever going to get better. Hope your ok xxx
    • Posted

Mines been really bad last 3 weeks. It was managable. Where i was getting on until a friend of a friend started having panic attacks and it reminded me of how i was at the beginning. Ive only been suffering since february. Ive had cbt but it hasnt done much im waiting to try something else. This health anxiety is horrible. Even though all my tests have come back ok. Im convinced there missing something else.

• Posted

I was exactly like you when I first got anxiety I was at my doctors more times a day than the staff was every little pain every little problem with my breathing, are you on any medication as of yet x
    • Posted

Hi derek thank you for your reply. I take citlaopram and propanolol its that bad. I went to a and e last night and even went to out of hrs gp today for them to tell me the same. I just feel im not taken serious i know alot of it is in my head. But i cant stop thinking googling. Its horriblex
  • Posted

That happenes to a lot of people and the blood can even come from your sinus if the airs dry. Try using some plain nose saline three times a day and i bet i will help your cough and your bloody mucus within a week or to but keep using it throughout the colder weather. Dry air, allergies, reflux, so many things make a cough. Health anxiety loves illness and that when things go awry for us all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.