Could a Heitial Hernia cause or bring on A-Fib or heart fluters?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sometimes my chest.....around the Diaphram area ........stings / feels hot so much that my heart races. This happens usually  about an hour after I eat.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maybe, have you changed your diet to cope with the AF ? Do you have a hernia? or an ulcer?  I found pain does upset me and makes me rattle, .. good luck .. 
  • Posted

Hiatus hernias definitely cause afib episodes and the hernias could feel like severe sharp pains right under the sternum.  But GERD could do that also. Unfortynately, food intolerances also could do that too. Food intolerances could cause histamine release in the gut and that too can cause afib symptoms.
    • Posted

Thank you very much. Good info to carry to the Surgeons office today........in order to furthur help me to make the informed decision to have the Hernia operation. I am afriad... go in.. that he will say that he does not think it's bad enough. I will see at 2:30 today.
  • Posted

Good luck - you might be right; fixing an hiatus hernia is more complicated than most other hernias and most people, patients and surgeons, generally find ways to avoid the surgery unless it is totally unbearable.  They can be done laproscopically today, but the surgery still is 3-3.5 hours long. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.