Could a small umbilical hernia cause problems for surgery?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm due to have my gallbladder out next week and thinking about where one of the incisions will be, belly button, I have a small umbilical hernia. I didn't think to mention it to the surgeon and nothing in any in the pre op stuff mentioned it at all. I can't find anything anywhere and I thought perhaps someone may know here. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Just had it done a little over a week ago. They do 4 incisions. One through your belly button, one under the right breast, one in the center of your chest and then a smaller one on the left lower abdoment.

• Posted

I have heard in another group that they usually fix the umbilical hernia when the do the lap chole, so I'd ask if that could be done for you at the same time.x

• Posted

Oh I hope so. It's not massive but it makes me feel queasy feeling it. The belly button cut I'm dreading the most. *shivers*. I wonder if I got it when I was sterilised or perhaps it was carrying three children and one was a fatty.
  • Posted

They will repair this when they do your surgery no bother.  I didn't know I had one and when I woke up I was told they'd repaired it in the surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.